Monday, October 18, 2010

Worst to Best Day

Good Morning Everyone!  Well it's my least favorite day of the week again, Monday...why do they always seem to come so fast.  But I am hoping this week goes better than last.  This past Thursday I plugged my external hard drive into my computer to make some changes to a program and while the power came on and it was running like normal, it would not connect to my computer.  After a phone call to my brother-in-law who informed me that since it wouldn't work on multiple computers it was probably shot the panic and devastation began to set in.  This hard drive holds ALL my files from previous invites, programs, etc. and current.  This would also include my wedding album that I had just finished and was supposed to order on Friday.  My husband tried to keep me calm until we could find out if there was a way to atleast get the files back but let's face it, that would have been a huge loss so there was no being calm for me.  Luckily god was on my side though and it turns out just the enclosure wiring wasn't working, the hard drive inside was perfectly fine.  So thanks to my IT department at work I have my files back and just need a new enclosure.  Whew!!  That was the best news!  Now I know what you're thinking, didn't you have them saved on your computer also...No, I didn't.  The files can be rather large and therefore take up too much memory and slow down my computer.  So I will be buying another external hard drive to back up everything!  I don't ever want to feel as helpless as I did that night.  Lesson learned.  Well I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment